By Staff Reporter
President Emmerson Mnangagwa on Tuesday appointed three new members to the Office of the President and Cabinet.
ln a press statement issued by the Chief secretary to the President and Cabinet Dr Misheck Sibanda, President Mnangagwa re-assigned David Marapira who was the Minister of State in the Office of former Vice President Kembo Mohadi and Reverend Paul Damasane, former Permanent Secretary to new roles in the Office of the President.
“His Excellency the President, Cde E.D. Mnangagwa, has made the following ministerial re-assignment and appointment of Deputy Chief Secretaries:
1) Hon David Marapira who was Minister of State in the Office of former Vice President of the Republic of Zimbabwe, Cde K.C.D. Mohadi has been reassigned as Minister of State in the Office of the President and Cabinet to be in charge of Monitoring the Implementation of Special Agricultural and Related Programmes namely:
ii. Monitoring implementation of Government Programmes focusing on Command Agriculture, Mechanization and Irrigation Development;
ii. Monitoring implementation of matters relating to Environmental and Fire Management as well as Climate Change as these affect agriculture;
iii. Ensuring that programmes relating to the production of requisite inputs in support of agricultural productivity by entities such as Zimbabwe Phosphate Industries (Zimphos), Sable Chemicals and Chemplex, are implemented; and
iv. Undertaking any other assignments as directed by His Excellency the President.
2) Reverend Paul Bayethe Damasane who was Permanent Secretary in the Office of former Vice President Cde K.C.D. Mohadi has been promoted to the position of Deputy Chief Secretary for the Social Services Sector with special responsibility for monitoring programmes in the following Ministries and their parastatals:
– Youth, Sport, Arts and Recreation;
– National Housing and Social Amenities;
– Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare; and
– Women Affairs, Community, Small and Medium
– Enterprises Development.
_3) Engineer Amos Marawa, former Permanent Secretary for Transport and Infrastructural Development, has been elevated to the post of National Coordinator (Deputy Chief Secretary Grade) responsible for Flagship Programmes and Projects in the Office of the President and Cabinet.
In that capacity, Engineer Marawa will discharge the following functions and responsibilities among others:
i. Provide technical leadership in supporting the formulation and implementation of high-impact flagship infrastructural programmes and projects in the Provinces, in close consultation with Ministers of State for Provincial Affairs and Devolution;
ii. Co-ordinate the production of detailed reports and recommendations on the progress of high-impact infrastructural programmes and projects in the Provinces, with emphasis on their contribution to national economic growth, job creation and enhancing inclusive and sustainable citizen livelihoods, as well as contributing towards Provincial GDP growth;
iii. Facilitate the technical coordination and operationalisation of the National Ports Management Authority;
iv. Recommend and develop effective institutional structures for the creation, management and regulation of Zimbabwe’s inland, border and special ports, in order to enhance their contribution to rapid national economic growth; and
_v. Provide an effective interface between the Office of the President and offices of Ministers of State for Provincial Affairs and Devolution in the implementation of high-impact infrastructural flagship programmes and projects.
All these appointments are with immediate effect ” , reads the statement .