Teenage Girl in Asanda Ndhlovu Abduction Under Medical Care as Child Safely Reunited with Family

Written by on February 20, 2026

By Monalisa Ntibane

A teenage girl has been identified as the suspect in the abduction of toddler Asanda Ndhlovu, who has since been found safe and reunited with her family, police have confirmed.

Bulawayo police spokesperson Inspector Nomalanga Msebele confirmed the suspect is a teenager and revealed that she was under medical care following the incident.

“The suspect is a teenager had to go under under medical care following the incident,” said Msebele.

Police have since urged parents and guardians to remain vigilant and ensure the safety of children at all times, while also calling on communities to play an active role in safeguarding minors and reporting any suspicious activity.

“As the police, we are urging guardians to remain vigilant and ensure that their children are safe at all times,” said Msebele.

Asanda’s mother told SkyzMetro Fm that her child was taken at Miekles Market in Bulawayo after the suspect allegedly distracted her before walking away with the toddler. From the beginning, the mother maintained that her daughter had been abducted by a woman, despite speculation on social media suggesting otherwise.

“I knew my child was abducted by a woman because she came and inquired about prices, after that I saw that my child was gone despite what people were saying on social media,” Asanda’s mother said.

Asanda’s mother expressed gratitude to the Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) and members of the public for their swift response and assistance, which led to Asanda’s safe return.


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Continue reading

Current track

Title

Artist